Here are the instructions to install:
- Login to Roku.com
- Click here to add a new channel
- Enter “putio” as channel access code and add our channel
- You can also use this direct link to add our channel
- Do a system update if the channel is not yet visible on your Roku
- Launch the app, on your computer, go to https://put.io/roku and enter the code
PS: There is a silly restriction during authentication for security purposes: The Roku and the computer you're using to authenticate should be on the same network. They should share the same public IP address. If your phone is connected to a VPN and your Roku is on your home network, this wouldn't work.
Recently, our users have reported that the put.io channel is now available in France and Mexico. We haven't been able to figure out the problem yet but as an alternative solution, here are the instructions for sideloading the put.io app into your Roku:
- Download the ZIP http://put.io/dl/putio-roku.zip
- On the Roku box, you will need to enable the Developer Mode. To do this, press the following button combination on the remote: Home 3x, Up 2x, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right. You will be presented with the Developer Settings page. Select Enable Developer Mode and select I Agree twice. Make a note of the IP address for later use. When you have enabled the Developer Mode the Roku box will reboot.
- On your PC, open a browser and enter in the address field the IP displayed in the Developer Mode screen. Click on Choose File and navigate to where the downloaded ZIP file is and select it. Click Install and the ZIP file will be loaded onto the Roku box. If successful, you will see an "Install Success" message in the browser. Now, when you return to your Roku screen, you will see the put.io channel (by default on the far right).